Thursday, December 22, 2005

such a long time since i blogged!! been to the states and back in that time and had one of the best times in my life there..

the trip was fun not so much for the places we visited or the things we saw, but what made it really fun was the company. so thanx to everyone who made the trip wonderful for me!! i shant name names here because i have a tendency to accidentally leave out names when i come up with lists of people to thank, and thats not very nice.

shall like do a yam here and list ten memories that sprung into my mind first, only this list comprises of memories of the time spent in the states.

1) somehow i thought of this first. the stinging smell of the chicken pieces that yam and i ordered at bennigan's, an irish eating place 5min away from our hotel. the smell really put me off eating any more of it. which led to jovian chiding me for my wastefulness, saying "every night, 3 million africans go to bed hungry", in a bid to make me feel guilty. haha and he sorta succeeded. bah.

2) the matching hoodie song. hahahaha basically shib and nick chiu bought almost identical hoodies from the harvard store, thus sparking off many many couple jokes..and even a song!! here goes...

matching hoodie, matching hoodie,
shibani, shibani,
oh i think she loves nick, oh i think she loves nick,
doesn't she, doesn't she?

retarded, but it was real fun teasing the pair. although it led to nick, erm, fisting me in the..erm..nvm.

3) me in my tights scrambling to get my jeans on, as xinni and jean (i think) wanted to come into our room. why did this even come to mind? seems so insignificant...

4) instant noodle "party" on the last night when huanna, shib and some other people came over to our room and ate and talked and basically had a very good time.

5) me switching between the detroit pistons game and mtv and accidentally accessing some adult programme. i remember quite clearly what happened.

me: "WTF WTF CHARLES WTF LOOK AT THIS!!!"
charles: [rushing out of the bathroom] "OMG WTH!!"
me: [switches back to detroit pistons game] "wat the shit was THAT. omg we gotta tell navjote!!"
the 2 of us went over to jote's room, told him and i'll never forget his reaction. it was like surprise mixed with glee as he rushed over and grabbed the remote, while charles and i were still in shock.

6) times square!!! ill never forget the lights and colours!! i mean, i had seen it b4 in photos and on tv, but to actually be THERE? omg it took my breath away. unfortunately we were not allowed to stop on our walking tour, so i wasnt able to stop at places like the nba store, the mtv store, the nbc store and the world of disney store, which was a huge waste really. but its fine, im sure i'll go back there again someday!!

7) bob. OMG. and the food court incident. WTF. i was walking with huanna when bob appeared. bob was our tour guide btw. as i was saying, bob appeared and reminded us to meet at the 3rd floor on time. then he said he needed to use the restroom and went off in that direction. i was in the way, but instead of walking around me or saying "excuse me", he lifted both hands and propelled me forward with only his pelvis and tummy for about TEN METRES!! all the time saying "someone's in the way, someone's in the way" while chuckling like santa claus. traumatised? nah not really, i was just really puzzled and amused.

8) me stepping right through the slush outside boston park plaza hotel and getting my feet like frozen. i swear my feet were as cold as my jokes. hurhur not funny. no really, they were freezing and soon enough i couldn't feel anything. and then charles told me to soak them in a hot bath, which was a blardy good idea actually. soon the feeling in my toes came back and then i realised my feet stank. but that's a different story altogether.

9) me and charles packing our bags or something while yam was asleep when we suddenly heard yam yelp like a puppy. i swear that's what it sounded like. very cute yet VERY disturbing. and according to charles, he also did something to the blanket, or rather, did something ON the blanket, which i can't say here (too embarrassing). ask charles and see if he tells you.

10) me falling off the bed and knocking my head twice, first on the wall, then on something hard i left on the ground. and i fell off because some female smelly indian (i won't name names here) decided to poke me just because i sang the matching hoodie song. tsktsktsk.

all in all, the trip was great.

i got to know new people from the other classes..
i got closer to some of the friends i already had..
i gained a new title - "fag magnet"..
i learnt how to be more responsible..
i picked up tons of bargains, including my new favourite t-shirt :D..
i have learnt how to appreciate my friends more..
i realised that i might enjoy myself overseas a lot, but singapore will always be my home..

and most importantly.
i now know that some people really DO care for me.
and i do care for them too.

you should know who you are.

memories..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home